Monday, November 3, 2014

Settlers of Koln or Dusseldorf?? --April 2013

Date: Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:03 PM
So there's this really popular game that Talon and Lisa Haynie I think introduced to us, called Settlers of Catan, and I knew that it was more popular in Utah than back home, but what I didn't know is apparently the game originally came from Germany, because the creator's name is definitely a German name, Klaus Teuber. Yep, so I was walking around the ward building I think last Tuesday, and I saw this German 'Settlers of Catan' in the Ward Secretary's Office! 
That last picture is for Dad. Our Zone Conference was in Düsseldorf and one of the first things we noticed when we got off the platform by Stake Center was this crazy wall painting... I was wondering if maybe he recognized it. I didn't take any pictures, but also something else cool about the Düsseldorf Stake Center is that the chapel room is really old, but it's also really really big. I don't think I've ever seen a chapel so wide it could fit FOUR columns of pews instead of two or three!

No comments:

Post a Comment