Thursday, February 26, 2015

4/28/14 Basketball, sore toes and multi-national McD's & Burger King!

Sun = Basketball Day
This week Elder Möller and I decided that we'd try getting to know more people in the community by playing basketball kinda like the in the "I'll go where you want me to go" video. We've gone a couple times now and we've met new people each time we go. It's not a team or anything, it's just a really good outside court, so whenever it's sonny, there's always someone there. One guy we played with was from Tunisia and was talking to us about why he doesn't use tobacco anymore and he encouraged us not to either! :) I think it will work out well, so I'll let ya'll know more next week about how it goes.


Houston...[we got a problem...]
I got a new pair of basketball shoes a while ago because the soles of the old ones were falling off, and this has happened as I've been breaking them in. 


The toe doesn't hurt, but I just don't want the nail to fall off, so I called President Schwartz and asked him if he thought it would be a bad idea for me to try to let the blood drain out by melting a hole with a hot paper clip like I remember Mom told me a doctor had done to her nail... but he said it would be better for me to go to a doctor so it doesn't get infected. So I wanted to let you know, that's probably what I'll be doing sometime this week, and ask for any other suggestions.
love, 
~Elder Standring

[Plus here's a Philippines McDonalds sent by friend, Elder Travis Stacey, followed by a German Burger King with a pun on the city name of Wuppertal, calling it "Whopper-tal"! And the enjoying of some German fast food by Elder Standring!]




No comments:

Post a Comment