Saturday, February 28, 2015

2/23/15 Farewell Germany



Well, this is probably the announcement that a lot of people have been waiting for, even though, to be honest, I have mixed feelings. I'm leaving Germany.

My flight is scheduled to leave Frankfurt, Germany at 10am on Friday and come in to SFO at 12:25pm (11 and a half hours. I know, it's because of the time difference. Go figure.) in terminal I and then I take off again at 7pm from terminal 3 to Crescent City.

As you can see, I'll be becoming very good friends with the airport people during my stay in San Francisco. We'll see if I have to get a visa since I'll be staying there so long. I'm going to love books by the time I get home.

For the missionaries who are staying in Germany after this week. You lucky bums, you better work twice as hard and enjoy it twice as much for me. All of you. I want to get emails from you too, even the weekly-group email kind

For my German friends, I plan on visiting again in the not-too-far-off future in 1-2 years.

For my west coast friends and family... :D long time no see.

I know Jesus Christ is the Savior of mankind, and that his love changes lives. I've felt it as I've served my brothers and sisters in Germany and I've felt it as I've studied the bible and Book of Mormon, the word of God. I encourage everyone to make a conscious effort to come closer to Him every day.

love,
~Elder Mark Standring

p.s. I can be reached in the future on every day of the week, not just Monday or Sunday (depending on where you live) at my google mail account: Mstandring@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment